The trend, also increasingly known as the protection trend, responds to the consumer demand for skin care and related products that protect the skin from and repair the results of the impact of airborne pollution on the skin.
Our upcoming forum on 22 February gathers three global industry experts to address the major issues and questions that surround the rising trend at the moment, looking at the topic from a perspective that considers the entire supply chain - from innovation at ingredients level, through to the main consumer demands and how these are likely to develop this year.
You can register to attend the forum here, with the opportunity to submit your questions to help shape the discussion.
Some of the key questions our panel is set to discuss include:
- What are the natural ingredients being used to combat the effects of pollution?
- What’s the current direction of the pollution trend in Asia Pacific? How does that differ from Europe or the US?
- What are the main regulatory concerns for brands looking to develop anti-pollution products?
- What are the effective anti-pollution products on the market now?
- Which marketing claims are proving most popular with consumers?
- Which brands are worth looking at for their anti-pollution ranges?
The expert panel
To offer their industry expertise and deep market insight, CosmeticsDesign has gathered three thought leaders who together are able to represent the global nature of the rising trend.
- Dr. Maria Coronado, Euromonitor: ingredients analyst and doctor in chemical engineering. Find some of her recent insights here.
- Dr. Alain Khaiat, Seers Consulting: cosmetics consultant and contractor; an expert in the Asia region.
- Ju Rhyu, Inside the Raum: Founder and CEO of K-beauty consultancy firm, specialising in the US market.
Together, the panel will consider the origins of the trend, key regulatory issues, market-leading players - both in terms of formulation and in terms of finished products, and give their predictions for how the trend will progress from here. Sign up today.