Organised by the French Society of Perfumers, this will be the 13th International Exhibition of Raw Materials for Perfumery, and looks to support the ‘knowhow’ of perfume creators.
“It has become the place to be for creators, buyers, technicians and producers from all over the world, who are looking for the whole range of raw materials,” says Sylvie Jourdet, President of the society.
“You will discover new producers from the five continents and new products that will enrich the choice available to you.”
The SIMPPAR event, according to organisers, offers visitors the possibility to investigate the following:
- new products from all over the world;
- refined products complying with the legislation;
- tailor made products according to customer’s needs;
- evolution of the productions, markets and trends;
- equipment and services.
- More than 70 exhibitors coming from all the continents,
- Gathered in the main Hall of the exposition center,
- Walking distance from the largest concentration of perfume companies in Paris,
- A cocktail party on June 15th evening where all attendees can meet in a friendly atmosphere.
They note that the event is directed at players from across the perfumery supply chain, including perfumers, evaluators, purchasers, management, marketing, R&D, manufacturers, academics and journalists.
International Award of the Perfumer-Creator
The International Perfumer’s Prize will celebrate its 60th anniversary in 2017, with the award looking to encourage and celebrate creativity in the industry.
“The Award honors the author of a perfume whose olfactive form is distinguished by its original character and esthetic value,” explain organisers.
The award will be attributed to a perfumer who will be anonymously selected by two separate juries:
- A Technical Jury, composed of perfumers and evaluators will pre-select at least 3 perfumes which will then be presented to an Artistic jury which will determine the winner.
- An Artistic Jury, the majority of whom are creators, senior perfumers as well as personalities from other professions: writers, journalists, musicians, painters, photographers, actors, florists, and museum curators.